The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for Mermaids Don’t Do Windows.
In the almost six months that I’ve been blogging, here are my top 5 posts and my theories for why they made the list:
- Mermaids Aren’t Real? — This War of the Worlds moment (remember the radio program that had people panicking?) had to be shared. If they are real, they are smart enough to elude Animal Planet film crews.
- My Very Own My Little Pony — Ponyfest12 was a success! I couldn’t believe that my pony won, but then again, I have awesome friends. Look for a pony reveal soon. In the meantime, you should check out Rebecca Enzor’s blog, because Ponyfest is hers and she’s great.
- Totes, Selfies, and Sharpies — Why did this one make the top 5? Because there are people searching on teen selfies. Not kidding! Exactly 25% of the known Google searches that linked to my blog were about selfies, and most of those were looking for teens! Ick. Parents of teens, monitor your kids’ phones and uploads. Just sayin’.
- Welcome to Gattaca — Who doesn’t love that movie?
- We figured that one out a long time ago — I just can’t help myself when I hear of discoveries that shock scientists about the intelligence of women.
These fabulous people were my top 5 commenters. I love their blogs. I hope you check them out:
So what’s in store for Mermaids Don’t Do Windows in 2013?
- Three posts a week.
- Pony reveal!
- A visit from a Norse god. Yes, Thor is coming to visit me soon! He will get to see what Texas is all about.
- A blog upgrade and some tweaks.
- A posting schedule. What?!
- More housework avoidance (and maybe some decluttering projects).
Happy New Year to you all!
Thanks for stopping by. I’d love to hear what you have going on for the new year.